List Price: $399.99
Sale Price: $269.00
Do you want it all? Do you enjoy top-of-the-line? If you’re someone who wants to track your runs, monitor your location, and enjoys using a touch screen, the Garmin Forerunner 610 GPS Watch With Heart Rate Monitor is the watch for you. This is a great watch to ensure that you reach your workout goals as it also offers the Training Effect capability, so you can see how each workout you do is going to impact your fitness level.
How Does Garmin Describe the Garmin Forerunner 610?
- Offers customizable everything… heart rate zones, alerts, heart-rate based calorie recordings, and more
- Wirelessly uploads all your data to your computer so that you can keep track of all your progress and stats
- Allows you to view your activity on a map, so you can see precisely where you have travelled
- Offers a ‘swipe and scroll’ screen so you can easily adjust your settings and review your run
- Use a Virtual Partner to see how you compare to a static pace that you set
- Use Virtual Racer to compete against your best record or other users
- Take advantage of vibration alerts when you can’t hear audible alarms
- Take a break with auto pause. Why don’t all GPS HRM watches do this?
What We Like Most About The Garmin Forerunner 610 GPS Watch with Heart Rate Monitor
- Provides an estimation on the total number of calories you’ve burned during your workout session, which will come in helpful for those who are looking to see weight loss success.
- You can use the GPS system to help navigate where you are if running in unknown terrains so you’ll never feel lost while using this heart rate monitor. The Forerunner 610 will even help you Navigate to the Start.
- Offers the ‘Training Effect’ capability, which is where the watch will measure the impact of the activity you’re doing on your overall fitness level. This can help users make sure they are training as efficiently as possible and see faster overall rates of progress. The HRM is required for this feature.
- Offers a touch screen for easy use.
- Offers extended battery life for 4 weeks in power save mode (many other heart rate monitors only offer 2 weeks)
- Offers a vibration alert setting for those who prefer not to have their watch beeping
- Comes with a foot pod for easing tracking of distance travelled. This is useful when GPS is not reliable (like for inner city runs)
What We Don’t Like About The Garmin Forerunner 610
- Doesn’t allow you to input simple workout goals such as time, distance travelled, as well as calories burned
- Won’t allow for unit to unit transferring of data
- Is slightly heavier than some other models at 2.54 oz.
How Does The Garmin Forerunner 610 Compare To Other Heart Rate Monitors
One of the best features that sets the Forerunner 610 watch apart is that it does allow you to use a vibration setting, so if you prefer not to have the watch beeping as you’re listening to music and can’t hear it, you can use the vibration setting instead. This will ensure you never miss a notification from your device and can stay on track as your workout progresses along.
This model also comes with a touch screen, which is something that the Garmin Forerunner 405 and 410 models don’t, so depending on your personal preference, that may weigh in as a huge benefit that allows it to take the lead as your top choice.
On the downside, this model will not allow for unit-to-unit transferring of data, which is something that many other Garmin models do.